Orion Bar 7500 Vape Review
The devices arrived in colorful square cardboard boxes. The Lost Vape Orion Bars come in a clear plastic wrapper that tears off easily. The device looks like someone took a vape and stuck it inside an old Go Pro2 waterproof case from 5 years ago.
Underneath the device’s see-through plastic case is the cover art, printed on tubes wrapping the battery and another wrapping the tank. The artwork, device shape, and clear plastic casing are all a solid nod to Lost Vape’s URSA Baby Pod Kit.
The thickness of the plastic “go-pro style” cover suggests it would be very durable. On the other hand, only three tiny red tabs hold the entire device inside its transparent protective shell. It looks like the clear plastic could easily break if it hit the ground at the right angle. Laying on its side, you could probably drive a car over it without damaging it much.
Questionable durability aside, it feels solid enough in hand. It has a few bells and whistles (charging light, airflow switch, type-C charger, 650mAh battery) that suggest it will be a good vape.
When I picked the OB-75 up and played with it a bit, I could tell it was well-designed and well-built. It is a rectangular device rounded on the tank side and has sharp angular corners on the other. It feels solid in your hand, if not very comfortable. Its dimensions are 78mm x 42mm x 25mm (approximately 3” tall with its duck bill mouthpiece) x 1 ½” wide x 1” deep. That’s about as tall and wide as an Elf Bar but twice as thick.
Orion Bar 7500 Vape Specifications
- Operation: Auto-Draw Activated
- Puffs Per Device: 7500
- E-liquid contents: 18ml
- Nic Strength: 50mg (5%)
- Battery Capacity: 650mAh rechargeable
- Heating Element: Mesh Coil
- Airflow: Airflow Switch on Base
- Charging: USB Type-C / Cable Not Included
- Indicator Lights: Charging Light
- Dimensions: 84 x 48 x 25mm
What Does that Mean to Vapers?
- Halfway open, it provides a very comfortable, yet robust MTL hit. With the airflow switch pointed toward the tank side of the device, it almost closes down airflow completely, allowing only a sip of vapor to pass through. With the airflow switch wholly opened, you can (over time) get a decent small DTL puff out of it.
- The auto-draw heating element of this device engages immediately upon hitting it. You pull – it provides vapor immediately. No ramp-up period to vapor production nor weak puffs out of the gate.
- The 650mAh battery is an average battery capacity for a rechargeable disposable, so the device will run for a decent amount of time before needing a recharge. The larger battery will also spend more of its life in the ideal zone for cooking vape juice. It hits weaker toward the end of its battery charge (under 30%), which means it is an excellent time to recharge to improve the puff.
- The Orion Bar comes prefilled with 18mL of salt nic vape juice. This is a lot of juice (compared to an Elf bar with only 13ml). You will have to recharge it a few times before all the vape juice is gone. The manufacturer suggests you can get up to 7500 puffs from this device.
- Type-C charger (not provided) means you can recharge your disposable in less time when needed, and charger cables will be inexpensive and easy to find.
- Its medium size, slick plastic finish, and sharp edges make it a bit unwieldy for palming or pocketing the disposable.
- The transparent “Go-Pro plastic” shows printed wrapping around the battery and tank. It looks cool and, at the same time, a little cheesy.
- The Orion Bar is an MTL Device – MTL stands for mouth-to-lung versus a DTL direct-to-lung hit. With the airflow control switch, you can fine-tune your puff from a squeak to a healthy MTL puff. If you are a DTL vaper in a pinch, you can open the slider all the way open and pull hard. After six or more seconds, you will have accumulated enough vapor for a decent pho-DTL puff.
- The Orion Website suggests these are feather-weight, palm-sized devices. This statement is accurate when compared to a box mod. However, compared to other disposable vapes available for sale, the Orion is a touch heavier and larger in the hand than other popular disposables.
Orion Bar Vape Flavors Reviewed
Our vape review staff tested each Orion Bar vape flavor to find the best of the best for you to try out.
Banana Cake Orion Bar
The Banana Cake Orion Bar vape tasted just okay to me. Dessert vapes are not among my favorite vape flavors, so I asked a couple of folks here at Mi-Pod who love some dessert flavors. Both came back with the same comments. Both said this banana cake is more of a banana ice with maybe 5% cake flavors, mostly vanilla. As a banana ice, it is a failure because there is very little ice in the mix.
If you like your banana vapes with shallow ice and a touch of cake flavor, you will like this flavor.
Blueberry Raspberry Orion Bar
A very ripe and robust sweet fruity blueberry/raspberry vape. It is sweet with a medium-high amount of ice that helps the sweet fruit flavors pop.
I do not enjoy most Blue Razz vapes, but I enjoy authentic blueberry and sweet raspberry fruit-flavored vapes. This one provided ripe fruit flavors and did not disappoint. The fruit flavors are ripe, sweet, accurate flavors instead of candied fruit flavors. Blueberry Raspberry is not an all-day vape for me, as no blue razz has ever tasted that good, but this flavor comes very close.
Cool Mint Orion Bar
This is a sweet spearmint gum-flavored vape. It tastes sweet and minty and has a medium-high amount of ice on the inhale and exhale. In between puffs, you taste sweetness and spearmint, and nothing unexpected. Of all the mint-flavored vapes on my desk, I noticed myself reaching for the Orion Bar Cool Mint more than any other this past week.
Lush Ice Orion Bar
A delicious slice of ripe watermelon with a medium amount of ice. Lush Ice is another flavor that most manufacturers screw up. On a low airflow setting, the juice is sweet and very flavorful. When vapers say they don’t like Lush Ice, I suggest they try this one before giving up on Lush Ice vapes. This Lush Ice Orion Bar is sweet, fruity, and icy. I walked around with it for a week and enjoyed it very much.
Mango Ice Orion Bar
Sweet ripe, juicy mangoes with a medium-high amount of ice. I usually avoid mango, guava, lychee, and dragon fruit flavors. I’ll eat the fruit all day long, but their vape-juiced brethren always fall short. Here is an example of a manufacturer getting it right. Hit this, and you taste the ripe mango; the ice makes it snap. No cheap ingredients taste, just mangos.
This one Mango Ice Orion Bar vape might turn me into a mango juice vaper. Other than my predisposition of not liking mango vapes, there is nothing about this fruity vape that I don’t like. The fact that the fruit is a mango is not an issue since they accurately reproduced a good-tasting mango flavor. Try it; you’ll like it!
Orange Ice Orion Bar
The Orange Ice Orion Bar vape flavor reminded me of the orange flavored astronaut drink. It has the orange flavor followed by tart citric flavors and a medium ice finish. With the slider closed, the airflow slows and you obtain a flavorful MTL. If you open the slider and pull hard, you can almost pull a DTL out of her. In between puffs, I just get orange and ice. Very good flavor and a nice orange vape taste.
Peach Mango Watermelon Orion Bar
This is the sweetest mango vape you will ever taste! The watermelon sweetened it, and the peach has a close flavor profile to the mango. The total mix gives either a slightly sweet peach taste (with undertones of mango) or a very sweet mango. However, you slice it, the vape tastes robust, sweet and icy. If they had named it "Watermelon Peach" I would have gravitated toward it a lot faster than I did seeing mango in the name. You don’t really taste mango, mostly sweet ripe peaches and the super sweetness you get from ‘anything watermelon.
Pineapple Lemonade Orion Bar
Awesome sauce! The pineapple and lemonade play off each other nicely. The pineapple is sweet, but the lemonade is sweet too. So, it’s sweet. Next, my attention went to the sweet/tart lemon and sweet/island pineapple flavors. They go very well together! Who knew? A medium-high amount of ice in the mix helps “pop” the rest of the flavors in the mix. You do not taste a large amount of ice because your tastebuds are already overwhelmed by sweet/tart fruit flavors. The Pineapple Lemonade Orion Bar is another flavor I had a hard time keeping on my desk through the entire review. It is yummy and sweet, and the fruit flavors are complex enough to stay interesting and tasty for all-day vaping.
Sour Apple Ice Orion Bar
This one started as a sour apple with ice and was sweetened to taste like a candied sour apple. The sour apple flavor is there, but so is a lot of sweetness and ice. Vapers looking for a true “Sour Apple flavor will not appreciate the added sweetness.
The Sour Apple Ice Orion Bar 7500 vape is good if you enjoy a sweet, sour apple experience. I am not a genuine sour apple guy, so I was happy to get hints of a sour apple in my sweet vape. It is not a fantastic flavor but an interesting fruit flavor that deserves some attention.
Strawberry Kiwi Orion Bar
Fantastic! This review was hard to write because some people came by my desk, vaped it, and weren’t impressed. On the other hand, I love a good Strawberry Kiwi and found this flavor excellent. It stays a sweet strawberry flavor with a touch of exotic sweet kiwi underneath. You get a medium amount of ice on both inhale and exhale.
The Strawberry Kiwi Orion Bar is delightful and fruity on the inhale. In between puffs, you taste sweetness and ice for about a minute; then, as the ice dissipates, there is an odd non-sweet flavor in the mix. Not enough to deter me from vaping this one, but it’s noticeable when you have been power-vaping this flavor for a while.
The entire collection was excellent. All the flavors tasted as expected according to their names. There was an adequate amount of ice in the mix. Other than Cool Mint (which had a fair amount of Mint flavor), the other flavors were iced with koolada (flavorless but icy) to obtain iciness without adding Mint or menthol flavors that would not taste good with most sweet fruit flavors.
I appreciated the airflow control, which allowed me to take a pho DTL puff and taste the juice. Most vapers will appreciate that they can dial in a perfect MTL hit.
- At its most open slider setting, the Orion Bar’s airflow is comparable to the Novo Bar’s, with its slider also open.
- With its 50ml Nic strength, open airflow setting, and about a seven-second pull, you get a decent amount of vapor and nicotine buzz (even for a DTL-type toker).