My first impression was that they looked okay. They are covered in a slick plastic shell that screams “cheap” to me. The design looks good from the back, but they put text on the front of the device in a strange font that further cheapened the look from a purely aesthetic perspective.
When I picked the Novo Bar AL6000 up and played with it a bit, I could tell it was well-designed and well-built. It is a rectangular device with rounded corners (akin to an Elf Bar or Esco Bar 6000). Its dimensions are 78mm x 42mm x 25mm (approximately 3” tall with its whistle tip mouthpiece) x 1 ½” wide x 1” deep.
Novo Bar Specifications
- Operation: Auto-Draw Activated
- Puffs Per Device: 6000
- E-liquid contents: 13ml
- Nic Strength: 50mg (5%)
- Battery Capacity: 650mAh
- Heating Element: Mesh Coil
- Airflow: Airflow Switch on the bottom of the device
- Charging: USB Type-C / Cable Not Included
- Indicator Lights: x2 E-Liquid Indicator & Battery Indicator
- Chipset: DCOIL-AI6.0
- Dimensions: 78mm x 42mm x 25mm
What do those Specifications Mean to Me?
- Based on the airflow, battery size, impedance, and voltage, you can expect an excellent full-bodied mouth-to-lung (MTL) puff from this device. The Airflow switch takes the airflow from a completely shut (highly restrictive) to a very loose MTL draw/restrictive DTL draw. With the slider halfway opened, the Novo Bar provides a great mouth-to-lung hit. It starts providing vapor the instant you start drawing from it (as opposed to a ramp-up period to total vapor production).
- The 650mAh battery is a decent-sized battery for a rechargeable disposable, so the device will run for a middling amount of time before recharging. It comes prefilled with 13ml of e-juice. You will recharge it 2-3 times before using up all the vape juice provided. The manufacturer suggests you can get up to 6000 puffs from this device
- Type-C charger capabilities means you can recharge your disposable in less time when needed, and charger cables will be inexpensive and easy to find.
- Its small size and slick plastic grip would have made the device slippery in hand, but the raised cover texture gives you something to hold onto. The AL6000 size makes it perfect for carrying around in your pocket or purse.
- MTL Device – MTL stands for mouth-to-lung (vs. DTL or device-to-lung hit). If you think of how you vape, you either pull a bit of vapor into your mouth that you hold for a few seconds, then pull into your lungs (MTL), or draw the vapor to your lungs straight from the device (DTL).
- With the Novo Bar airflow control slider, you can lock it down completely or open it up for everything from an MTL to a very low-end DTL.
- The NOVO Bar has better airflow than most low-air flow MTL peers
- It is not enough airflow for even a decent DTL puff, but if you draw hard for a few seconds, you can get a baby pho-DTL puff out of it.
- The slider on a device allows you to choose how much airflow you like.
Novo Bar AL6000 Flavors Reviewed
We put AL6000 vape flavors to the test to find the best of the bunch.
Blue Razz Ice Novo Bar AL6000
Popular blue razz and mint blend. This is how a Blue Razz Ice is supposed to taste. I stand corrected for all the times I said I do not like blue razz. This is a tasty all-day vape that tastes like sweet ripe blueberries and Ripe, with slightly tart raspberries and an icy finish.
There is none of what I call an “olive oil taste” on a tentative hit. It just provides a smaller less-flavorful puff than a full puff, but no errant flavors, just sweetness in a smaller puff.
Top marks for the Blue Razz Ice Novo Bar AL6000!
Fresh Mint Novo Bar AL6000
Icy mix of sweetness and spearmint. Novo Bar Fresh Mint’s flavor hits you immediately with a sweet icy puff containing nothing but fresh spearmint flavors in between. Some mint flavors are low-ice which doesn’t make sense to me. Other collections might pull tobacco flavors into the mix to provide an excellent filtered tobacco flavor. This is the flavor I want and look for when vaping a Fresh Mint vape. Vaping this flavor with the ice turned up feels like a fresh mint vape. If I ever forget to brush my teeth, I gotta remember this vape. Short of halitosis, this should totally work. It’s a good all-day vape, and it is nothing but sweet, icy goodness on the exhale.
Lemonade Chill Novo Bar AL6000
Mixes a sugary lemonade with a crisp koolada ice finish. NAILED IT! Tasty sweet lemonade and ice in a vape. I really enjoy the Lemonade Chill Novo Bar AL6000! Found myself reaching for it along with Root Beer more than any other flavors in this collection. The flavors in this collection are all pretty good, and these two are exceptional, even amongst their peers in this collection. The initial puff is sweet and icy; the exhale is icy with some sweetness, and you just remember sweetness and ice in-between puffs.
The ice flavor choice was a good one; none. That is the right mint/menthol flavoring for a sweet lemonade…none. Otherwise, it would be a mojito. They went with a strong koolada, but not so much of it that it takes on a koolada flavor that detracts from the sweetness of the lemonade. There is icy coolness, but no mint or menthol is flavoring it to detract from the lemonade flavor.
Peach Ice Novo Bar AL6000
Crisp, icy mint with a sweet Georgia peach. The Peach Ice Novo Bar AL6000 has sweet, ripe peaches with a fair amount of ice. This is a good all-day vape. The sweetness isn’t overwhelming, nor is the iciness, so what you have is a very vape-able flavor that doesn’t become overwhelming even after a few hours of vape time.
Root Beer Novo Bar AL6000
Sugary root beer vape flavor. This is an accurate root beer soda-flavored vape. It has enough ice to offset the sweetness of the rootbeer, and the way they play off each other provides that pho-carbonated taste that makes this flavor pop. While I might love the novelty of a soda reproduction, they don’t always hold up as an all-day vape. This one is fine. Inhale provides a great rootbeer flavor, and exhale provides a big kick of ice (not mint flavored, just the ice pop). Between puffs of the Root Beer Novo Bar, you get hints of sweetness and ice that make you want to vape more. This is indeed a good all-day flavor and vape.
Strazz Novo Bar AL6000
Sweet strawberry and raspberry blend with ice on the exhale. I didn’t taste much razzberry unless it was hiding under the strawberry, providing some depth to its sweetness. I taste a sweet strawberry jam with just enough ice to make the sweet flavors pop but not enough to cover or otherwise affect the sweetness of the strawberry. I enjoyed the Strazz Novo Bar AL6000 very much and would happily vape it all day.
Watermelon Candy Novo Bar AL6000
Mouth-watering watermelon flavor. The Watermelon Candy Novo Bar AL6000 is a stellar vape. Anytime you take a sweet fruit like watermelon and “candy” it, you can expect a delightful vape. They added a low to a medium-low amount of ice, so it would not compete with the sweetness but instead helps the flavor pop a little. In between puffs, you taste an indiscernible sweetness left over from your vaping—no errant flavors and not too much ice. You will love this flavor if you like a sweet vape with low ice! This vape is too sweet for me (which is saying something), but I could see either of my vaping daughters enjoying this flavor.
White Gummy Novo Bar AL6000
Candied tropical fruit blend. Again, if Novo adds any “Candy” to their vape’s name, it will be sweet! I do not taste the candy they use in the flavor name, but it is candy-sweet with a touch of ice to help it pop. This flavor tastes like their Watermelon Candy, only with a touch of sourness added underneath from what reminds me of their sweet Blue Razz Ice, only three times as sweet. White Gummy is an exciting flavor.
If you ever wanted to taste a very sweet blue razz that is sweeter than any blue razz I have ever tried. In between puffs, I taste sweetness, but it is not the sweetness of ripe fruit like their Lemonade Chill or Peach Ice; instead, the in-between flavor is so sweet it borders on artificial sweetener. If you like a sweet and slightly sour blue razz with a good deal of ice, the White Gummy Novo Bar 6000 could be your jam.
The Novo Bar devices operate well. Mechanically they are sound. The device itself looks okay and operates well. The slider, superb flavors, dual indicator lights, type-C charger, and new mesh coil help it stand out among its peers. The flavors are very vapable and fall more into the “all-day-vape” category than not. I am happy to add this line as I believe, based on my experience, that all these flavors will do well.
An amazing flavor that I didn’t see get mentioned is the Cherry Cola. Absolute wonderful flavor that really blows your mind on how accurate it taste.
Another EXTREMELY well thought out, well written, and insightful review. Keep em coming!