Elf Bar Zero Nicotine Vape Review
This review will look at Elf Bar’s new Zero Nicotine BC5000s. How do they stand on their own? How do they compare to Elf Bar’s 5% (50mg) Nicotine versions?
Elf Bar Nicotine-Free Vapes
The zero nicotine Elf Bars are physically indistinguishable from their BC5000 5% Nic counterparts. They come in two-tone pastel colors that blend about halfway up the device. The device is small, about the size of a business card, 3 ½” x 1 ½ “, and ¾” thick (about as thick as a roll of dimes). It is easy to palm and carry around while doing other things. The rounded corners make the device feel comfortable and smooth with some texture, so it is not slippery in your hand. Several can easily fit in your pocket or purse.
- Capacity: 13ml of Vape Juice
- Nicotine Strength: 0% (Nicotine Free)
- 5000 Puffs
- Battery Capacity: 650mAh
- Rechargeable (Cable not included)
- Flavors: 8 Nicotine Free Options
- You can finish 5000 puffs in roughly three charges
Elf Bar 5% Nic VS. Zero Nic Flavors
I took the eight Zero Nic Elf Bar vape flavors provided for review and then pulled each 5% Nicotine version of each Elf Bar for comparison. The Elf Bar Zero flavors are generally sweeter and more flavorful than their nicotine-loaded counterparts. I think Elf Bar did a pretty good job with the Zero Nic flavors.
Imagine you are Elf Bar and wish to create a flavor; you must take the nicotine flavor into account, rather it is included or omitted from the recipe. This addition or omission drastically changes the flavor profile of the two disposables.
Nicotine by itself has a distinct flavor. MM&K (Menthol, Mint, or Koolada) sweeteners or flavoring is added to mask the nicotine flavor. When compared side-by-side, it becomes easy to taste the nicotine (and masking flavors) in the 5% Nic versions compared to the Zero Nic versions.
If you have not added Nicotine flavor to the recipe, you won’t need a masking flavor. Omitting both will dramatically affect the flavor. Elf Bar accurately reproduced the flavor of their 5% Nic juice in the Zero Nic recipe. Nic strength/flavor is an integral part of the finished taste, so nailing those flavors without using any nicotine must have been challenging. I appreciate how close they got with these Zero Nic versions.
If vape juice were salsa, Nic would be the chili powder that brings the heat. Salsa without the heat is still good salsa. Many would argue that without the burning, they can taste the tomatoes, spices, and lemon better. However, if you prefer hot salsa, you will always feel like something is missing, no matter how good it tastes. This is the bias I had to overcome myself when doing this review. I love my salsa hot and vapes full of nicotine. Vapers that vape for the “Nic hit” will always “feel” something is missing without nicotine. I am not writing for hot salsa lovers today. I am writing for the vapers doing Zero Nic and wondering how these new Elf Bar Zero flavors taste and how they compare to the 5% Nic versions. You can check out our full list of best nicotine free vapes in our previous blog.
Strawberry Mango Elf Bar – This is a sweet strawberry mango-flavored vape. The flavor is an authentic candied fruit flavor. You can pick out both strawberry and mango flavors. Neither version was heavily iced, which works better for Zero because it allows the sweet, candied strawberry flavors to pop. Without nicotine, the sweet fruit flavors stand out.
- Compared to the Nic Version: I wished there was a little more ice in the 5% Nic version to better mask the nicotine flavor. After tasting the fruit flavors of the zero Nic, I could taste the nicotine flavors in the 5% version and wished I couldn’t (compared to the Zero).
Rainbow Candy Elf Bar – This flavor was VERY sweet without the nicotine to cut it. This is an example of getting the flavor perfect to compliment the nicotine. Since these are Nic-free, I would have preferred less sweetener.
- Compared to Nic Version: Even though the Zero is sweeter and fruitier, the overall effect on the flavor without the bite of nicotine falls flat. Based purely on taste, I prefer the Nic version with the added complexity of nicotine flavor in the mix.
Strawberry Kiwi Elf Bar – I enjoyed the flavor of both devices equally. The candied fruit flavors of strawberry and kiwi both come through enjoyably in the Zero and the Nic versions of this flavor.
- Compared to the 5% Nic Version: The nicotine added some depth and complexity to the flavor profile, but the sweet strawberry and fruity kiwi flavors in the Zero stand on their merit.
Cranberry Grape Elf Bar – This is another flavor that has merits both with and without nicotine. Fruit and sweetness with a medium-ice finish are the only tastes that come through, so has a sweet and fruity finish. In the Zero, you can more easily discern the grape-flavored fruit and the cranberry flavors with a touch of ice.
- Compared to the 5% Nic Version: The nicotine version provides the Nic hit and more ice on the inhale and exhale. The fruit flavors remain constant, and the ice has been increased to mask the nicotine. This is as tasty as the Zero.
Blue Razz Ice Elf Bar – I seldom enjoy Blue Razz Ice. They usually taste like neither blueberries nor raspberries. I enjoyed vaping the Zero Blue Razz Ice. This vape is fruity and tasty without the nicotine flavor and extra ice necessary to mask it. The Zero gave me insight into what those Nic versions were shooting for.
- Compared to the 5% Nic Version: The Nic version needed more ice to mask the nicotine flavoring. The Zero with less ice and no nicotine allows you to taste more sweet fruit flavors.
Peach Mango Watermelon Elf Bar – The taste is rich, sweet, and fruity. The strawberry and watermelon come through first, and the mango comes through toward the end of the puff. There is enough ice to make the flavors pop and provide coolness on the exhale. I liked the Zero version more for taste.
- Compared to the 5% Nic Version: The 5% Nic version has less ice than the Zero. That is unfortunate. The nicotine flavor cuts the fruit flavor a little, but without enough ice to compensate, the flavor from the Nic version is less tasty. As with some of the other fruity flavors in this collection, the Zero flavors are rich and fruity; the Nic version falls a little flat taste-wise.
Watermelon Ice Elf Bar– This is a great-tasting fruity vape. The three fruits combine into a very (VERY) sweet-tasting vape. The flavors are rich and leave a sweet aftertaste on the tongue between puffs.
- Compared to the 5% Nic Version: Again, The Nic version allows the nicotine to cut through the flavor, somewhat flattening out the sweetness, but without extra ice to compensate, it tastes weak compared to the Zero.
Tropical Rainbow Blast Elf Bar – Both versions of the Tropical Rainbow Blast are tasty candied fruit flavors. The description by Elf Bar suggests this flavor is wild berries and sweet tropical fruity candy. With the Zero, I agree; I taste fruity berries, pineapple, and ice. It is sweet, very icy, and tasty.
- Compared to the 5% Nic Version: In my opinion, the Zero flavors are rich and accurate compared to the Nic version, which allows the nicotine to hijack the fruity flavor profile without compensating with extra ice. Vaping the two products back-to-back repeatedly, I find that I miss the nicotine hit of the Nic version but prefer the flavors of the Zeros.
Elf Bar flavors, in general, are sweet, candied fruit flavors with a medium amount of ice on the exhale. They recreated several of their most popular favors in a zero nicotine disposable vape. A large vaping population loves the Elf Bar BC5000 5% nicotine-strength flavors. Elf Bar lovers who do not want nicotine in their vape will appreciate how accurately Elf Bar recreated their best-selling flavors in Zero nicotine versions that taste good or better than the originals.
These Zero Nic vapes are richer, tastier, and icier than their 5% Nic BC5000 counterparts. The taste may be too flavorful, sweet, or icy for some, but for folks looking for a Zero Nic vape, these are some of the best flavors on the market.