What is Squonking?Squonkers, aka bottom feeding RDAs, deliver e-juice directly to the atomizer through the bottom by way of a tube. There is a squonk hole located in the device, which you squeeze to push the e-juice up through the tube and into your atomizer, soaking the wick full of flavor. Normally, you’d notice the wick starting to become dry and get your dripper bottle to remedy the problem. With squonking, all you do is apply slight pressure to the squonk bottle, and it will instantly soak the wick. In other words, you don’t need to constantly re-drip your RDA or carry e-liquid around with you all the time. Squonkers allow vapers to get the most out of their vaping experience. In addition to being super convenient, squonk mods also provide all the benefits of an RDA (massive clouds, flavor intensity, etc.) without the mess.
Is Squonking Right for You?Although there are plenty of benefits to squonking, it’s not for everyone—at least, not at first. If you’re relatively new to the vaping world, there are still some important things you need to master first before tackling squonking. Squonkers can be both regulated and unregulated. Unregulated squonkers require knowledge of Ohm’s law and battery safety, especially squonk mods that aren’t widespread. Lesser known squonk mods that are unregulated won’t have the necessary safety features built in that can protect vapers from dangerous errors. Thus, an experienced vape enthusiast may have no trouble managing a squonker, while a noob vaper runs the risk of mishandling an unregulated squonk mod.
Popular Squonk ModsSo, you’re tired of dripping your atomizer all the time and want to start squonking. Which squonk mod is best for you? While the answer to this will depend on your vaping preferences, we’ve rounded up a list of popular squonk mods worth considering:
- dotSquonk—Affordable? Check. Stylish? Check. When it comes to performance and style, the dotSquonk by Dotmod has everything you need in a mechanical squonk mod. Their squonk mod features an excellent build, smooth finish and a 12 mL bottle that provides excellent e-juice capacity. Sleek and compact, the 24K gold plated brass 510 pin and firing squad are nice finishing touches on this sexy squonk mod. It has the squonk bottle on the opposite side that you’re used to, which is sure to make lefties happy.
- Vandy Vape Pulse BF Squonk Kit—With its affordable price and added safety features, the Vandy Vape Pulse BF is designed for beginner and experienced squonkers alike. This mechanical mod includes an adapter which allows it to operate on a single 20700 or 18650. It’s cheaper than the dotSquonk, and you can tell by the way the plastic creaks. But if this doesn’t bother you, it’s a great squonk mod for first-time squonkers.
- Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2 100W— A regulated squonker, the Eleaf Pico Squeeze 2, is an updated version of Eleaf’s previous Pico Squeeze. The Pico Squeeze 2 features an easy-to-squeeze silicone squonk bottle which can hold 8mL. It runs on a 20700 battery and fires up to 100W. Overall, it’s a nice device that packs a lot of big features. However, the firing button placement may annoy some lefties or vapers who are used to top-mounted firing buttons.
- Aspire Feedlink Revvo Kit—The Feedlink is Aspire’s first squonk mod and is a semi-regulated mechanical device with a few helpful safety features, including over-heat protection and short-circuit protection. Running on a 18650 battery, the Feedlink kit comes with a modified Revvo boost tank with their innovative Aspire Radial Coil. Suitable for both righties and lefties.
- Wismec Luxotic Squonk BF Starter Kit—With its stylish, compact design and a max output of 100W, the Wismec Luxotic BF packs a lot into its small build. The mod features a 7.5mL squonk bottle and comes with a beginner-friendly Tobhino BF RDA. Ideal for advanced users, the kit has everything you need. All you need is to load up on your favorite e-juice and start vaping away.
The Bottom LineWhile there are plenty of beginner-friendly squonk mods on the market, it’s essential that you know your way around RDA devices well before trying a squonk mod. This includes how to properly maintain coils and tanks, as well as a working knowledge of Ohm’s Law and battery safety. If you know all these things and you’re ready to upgrade to squonking, then go for it! Just remember to give yourself some time to get the hang of it. With the right device and a little practice, you’ll set yourself up for squonking success.
Brilliant and very useful piece, I must say it is very nicely articulated and I had a pleasure in reading this. Thank you. It was certainly quite informative.